KT 261, KT 301, KT 341
High operating speed, modern design, quick knife replacement system, central spring or hydropneumatic suspension, 3 transport positions - these are only a few advantages of KT disc mowers!
Hydraulic safety breakaway device
Central suspension system is integrated with hydraulic safety breakaway device, which protects the mower against hitting immovable obstacles. In the event of hitting an immovable obstacle the cutterbar folds back and at the same time rises about 50 cm (1’8”). Afterwards, the cutterbar automatically comes back to its working position.
Main advantages of central suspension are even balance, perfect ground following and wide range of inclination (up to 24 degrees) enabling operation on an uneven grounds and in every conditions. Ground pressure can be relieved by means of springs or hydraulic pressure relief system (hydropneumatic suspension).
The most important advantage of KT disc mowers, is possibility to transport the machines in three different positions: A-upwards (at the side of the tractor), B-upwards (behind the tractor) and C-horizontally (behind the tractor). It is possible to drive through narrow roads in the woods or drive under a viaduct or underpass.
Thanks to hydropneumatic suspension, an operator can easily adjust ground pressure of the cutterbar by means of tractors hydraulics. Owing to that the ground pressure is always the same (no matter how the terrain is shaped). Hydropneumatic suspension is a perfect solution on weak, peat meadows, especially during mowing of the first cut. It allows to adjust required ground pressure - from 70 kg (155 lbs) and provide excellent protection to the turf and the cutterbar.
- All safety guards and curtains comply with european safety standards.
- Protective tube – increases life span of safety curtain protecting it against wearing by the grass during operation „A”
- Buckles – enable quick and easy safety curtain release „B”
- Guard’s regulation – enables lifting and locking in different positions, helpful during quick knife replacement „C”
- Lifted side guard – lower transport high, possibility to work closer to barriers „D”
Advantages of swath conditioners
- Several times faster grass drying owing to breaking wax layer on a leaf blade
- Cutting wax layer through, facilitates “grass breathing”, which reduces losses in plants nutrition value, and increases swath density
- Elimination of tedding (fewer drives)
- Free presentation of material in wide swath, as well as reducing and balancing its density enables easy pick up for baler or self-collecting trailer
- Increased space between tine shaft and conditioner’s hood to improve material throughput at extremely high harvest
- Swath width adjustment by swath guides
KT 261 S and KT 301 S mowers have been equipped with integrated gearbox, which apart from the cutterbar also drives the conditioner. Providing two speed rates: 700 and 1000 rpm.
Enhanced V-shaped tines are made of hard-wearing steel. Properly balanced tine weight and helical arrangement on the tine shaft provide their effective operation in the heaviest crops. There is a fixed and pivot tine mounting option.
Light-weight tine conditioner
SL version mowers are equipped with light-weight tine conditioner as an option. It features lite, plastic tines and is significantly lighter than the standard one.
Swath width adjustment in conditioner mowers
Obtaining narrow swath is possible owing to applicationof additional drums or by swath guides (Fig. 1). Wide swath provides faster and more balanced grass drying process (Fig. 2).